There is so much that I want to be able to tell you about this world but you’re too young right now. The world is a big place, bigger than you can even imagine. And yes, it’s even bigger than Peppa Pig world! But right now I can write and then at least I’ll remember all the things that I want you to know when you’re older and not my little nearly two year old anymore!
1. See the world! I wouldn’t change anything about having you, in fact you’ve made my little life complete. There’s so much out there for you see, so go and see it! I wish that I’d travelled more before settling down and would like nothing more than for you to put on a backpack and tell me what’s out there. Of course, I’d constantly worry about you, where you are and what stupid things you’re doing but experiences are worth more than any money.
2. Don’t forget me. As selfish as this may seem please never forget all that I have done for you nor everything I will continue to do for you. Despite the fact I moan about your early starts or roll my eyes at hoovering up your Cheerios for the 1457th morning in a row, I’d never change you! Wherever you are in the world, I’ll always be thinking of you! ❤️
3. Be kind. It really is true that you get further in life for being kind, polite and friendly. Don’t let the world push you over but be that ‘nice’ guy like your dad. Do something nice to people less fortunate like help an elderly lady with her shopping or give someone change at a parking machine. Small gestures mean more than you think.
4. Find a job that’s more than a job. I’ve always pitied people that hate their job. My job is hard and long and I often feel sad at being away from you so much but I love my job. Find a job that makes you feel like you’re making a difference and your passionate to go in the next day and the day after that.
5. Find someone to love. Whether that’s a woman, a man, an animal, who knows these days?! Just love strong and fiercely. Treat them like they’re the most amazing person in the world because I hope that they will be. I will always be on hand to approve your relationship choices and think to myself whether their good enough for my boy. When you’re a man, you won’t be small enough to fit in my lap cuddled under a blanket watching shrek. So find someone that can give you what I’ve had with you… that’s if you want children, of course!
6. Be proud. I hope one day that you’ll be as proud of yourself as I am of you. Be yourself, strong willed but kind and never let people tell you otherwise. If people don’t like you, then that’s their problem and not yours so never forget that! ❤️
I always think about who you’ll be and how different your fiesty little personality will get. I could day dream about you for hours wondering what colour your blonde hair might go and how tall you’ll be! But remember baby boy you’re loved more than you could ever know. I’ll always be on hand to remind you of this (even when you’re a teenager in front of all your ‘cool mates’…)